I was reintroduced to Phi Tau Sigma by my former boss and mentor, Tony Kotula, and his daughter, Kathy Kotula. Without their support and encouragement, I would not have re-engaged with Phi Tau Sigma and would have missed the opportunity to work with such wonderful and talented people such as Janet Collins, Benjy Mikel and so many more. Many of the newly-installed leadership team I had known and worked with before, while others are new acquaintances. It is a pleasure to work with such talented and dedicated individuals.
As we look to the coming year, I will strive to continue the great work of Past Presidents Janet Collins and Benjy Mikel. They both are exceptional leaders who placed Phi Tau Sigma on a path of increased membership, key bylaw revisions, and much-enhanced relations with IFT and other food organizations. These two individuals, with the support of our leadership team, laid the foundation for Phi Tau Sigma to take even bolder steps. To begin, I would like for each member, committee chair, and committee member to ask themselves the following questions:
- Why join Phi Tau Sigma? What is the true ?value proposition? for this organization?
- Why should a company or individual support Phi Tau Sigma?
- How do we more effectively recruit new members?
- How do we effectively recruit younger, more diverse members into our leadership team?
- How does Phi Tau Sigma make a difference?
I welcome your input, so feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can make this coming year special by doing it together. I?m looking forward to it!